Do you think it is difficult to start a self-hosted blog on WordPress platform? Do you know that, with just little effort, one can easily set up a WordPress blog and also maintain various other aspects of blogging? What you need is a simple yet comprehensive step by step guide.
If you are a newbie and want to set up your blog on your own, then you can follow the below step by step tutorials and save huge money of WordPress maintenance. This is online course is completely Free of Cost, which I have designed to make the newbie bloggers comfortable with the WordPress platform.
What is this free WordPress course all about?
Welcome to the “WordPress Guide for Beginners”, a master guide which will help you to know every aspect of creating & managing a self hosted WordPress blog from scratch absolutely with no money. I will be updating this guide regularly with more useful tutorials to make this course more useful for bloggers.
Hope you will find this course useful and bookmark the same for all upcoming WordPress tutorials. Not only that, I will also share various tips & tricks to make money online via affiliate marketing, contextual advertising and other ways of earning passive income.
How To Start This WordPress Guide?
Considering you are a newbie blogger, let’s know few basic things about blogging & WordPress.
- What is WordPress and what are WordPress alternatives
- What is a Blog & how to create a blog for free of cost
- How much money is enough to start a blog
- Top blogs and how they make money online from their blogs
- Top 10 different ways to earn money online without investment
I am sure after reading these articles, you got some idea why people blog and how they are making money online from their blogs. Now, if you are convinced to start your blogging career, then follow the below steps to proceed further.
Welcome To WordPress Blogging
In this section, I will explain why you should avoid free blogging sites if you are planning to blog for money seriously. And also explain how you can create your first website on WordPress.org platform with step by step guide and necessary screenshots. Not only that, in case you have a website and you want to migrate your website to WordPress platform, then also you can follow my real-time experience of migrating a site to Bluehost manually.
- How to decide – free blog vs self hosted blog?
- Best 5 tips to buy a domain name
- How to start a self hosted blog on WordPress.org
- How to transfer website to new host manually
- A complete blogger to wordpress migration guide
Let’s Explore WordPress & Dashboard Area
So, you have installed WordPress on your domain and happy to find your website live on web browser. But before starting with your first blog post, its always good to know more about the WordPress platform.
- WordPress Keyboard Shortcut
- Mastering the WordPress visual editor
- The WordPress community offers advice to beginners
- Deleting images
- Upload a the theme & how to customize
- WordPress plugin area
- Add menu area
- WordPress Settings area
- Basic WordPress widgets
How To Deal With Web Hosting
- What is Web Hosting, Why
- types of web hosting plans
- How to Choose a web hosting plan
- Why self hosting blog, not a free host
- Top 3 recommended hosting from WordPress.org
- Why Bluehost is recommended for WordPress Blog
- How To Sign Up for Bluehost With Free Domain name
- How to Sign Up for Hostgator Web Hosting
- How to Use cPanel File Manager
- How to Use FTP Client to Upload File
Few Tips Before Choosing The Domain Name
- What is a Domain name & How to choose a domain name
- Importance of exact match domain
- Best sites to buy domain name
- How to Buy Domain Name from Godaddy
- How to Connect Godaddy Domain Name with Hostgator
Importance of a Good WordPress Theme
- How to Install WordPress Theme
- How to Choose Right WordPress Theme for Your Blog
- WordPress Theme Directory (2000+ Themes)
- 10 Sites to Find Best Premium WordPress Themes
- Top 5 Cheap Premium WordPress Themes Providers
- 25+ Beautiful & Responsive WordPress Themes for Tech Blog
WordPress Blog Set Up Steps
- 7 Essential Settings to Configure after installing WordPress
- Edit Permalink
- Select a WordPress theme
- Spam protection plugins
- Configure back ups
- Delete Items like hello world,
- How to add a logo in your wordpress theme
- How to add a favicon
- Basic pages to create in a wordpress blog
- Must have wordpress plugins
- How to put Google analytics
- Set up gavator to show yoru picture
- Create a author bio
- Must have a cache plugin
- Social media share widget
- Yoast SEO Plugin
How To Take Care of Security With WordPress?
- How to Change Admin Username in WordPress
- How to Set Up CloudFlare Free CDN with WordPress
- How to Backup WordPress Blog to Dropbox
- How to Protect WordPress Blog from Brute Force Attacks
- How to Speed Up WordPress Blog: 9 Easy Steps
How Easy To Set Up SEO In WordPress
- How to Setup WordPress Yoast SEO Plugin (A Photo Tutorial)
- How to Edit & Optimize WordPress Robots.txt File for SEO
- Updated WordPress Ping List 2016 – Get Quick Index!
- How to add Meta Title & Description in WordPress Blog Post
- How To Optimize Blog Post Titles for Your Readers and SEO
- How to Write a Good Meta Description That Increases CTR
- How to Optimize WordPress Images For SEO and Traffic
- WordPress Blog Post SEO Checklist Before You Publish the Post
- 5 Tips to Making Your Search Listing Attractive
Life Saving WordPress Plugins
- Spam Protection & Security
- Back Up Plugins
- SEO Plugins
- Email List Building
- Social media Plugins
- Affiliate marketing