Want to write a keyword targeted blog post to rank first in Google to drive massive organic traffic to your blog? Then you might be interested to know the on-page SEO techniques that works perfectly in 2016 to rank a blog post on first of search engine.
Writing a blog post is not just sharing your ideas and thoughts. A perfect SEO optimized content will have proper keyword research, proper placement of keywords in necessary pages with desired formatting, on-site SEO factors & off-page SEO techniques. In this article we will talk about on-page SEO checklist which will be useful for a blogger to write a SEO optimized content.
What is On-Page SEO
In simple words, when you write something, you want to tell someone to read your content. When we are talking about SEO, we always give priority to search engine like Google. Now, how to tell Google that you have written a good content which deserves to be no. 1 for the search query like on-page SEO in 2016?
Now, the art of doing the same thing is called search engine optimization. There are certain techniques to follow while preparing your content so that search engine algorithm can analyse and find necessary ranking signals. If your content is well optimized compared the other articles, then it will definitely find the top position in Google.
But on-page SEO is one of the ranking factors among many other. Let’s find out some key actionable on-page SEO checklist to improve your writing skills.
On-Page SEO Factors To Rank first in 2016
- Keyword research and putting relevant search terms or tweaked keywords around the main keyword.
- Internal linking of own blog posts in upcoming articles with variety of long tail keywords to boost authority and back link profile.
- Putting keyword in all possible and major places within content.
- 2016 onward only detailed article in a specific topic will get higher chances to rank first in Google. Try to write epic articles with word count more than 1000+ if possible.
- External linking is the new SEO trend that every blogger is following. Put keywords while linking to other related niche article or resources.
- Use image to boost the on-page SEO value of your page, but make sure that your image is SEO optimized by providing a log size, alt tag and proper title tag.
- Never repeat the main keyword in various tags like H1, H2, H3 in the article. rather use tweaked keywords or long tail queries of that keyword in the tags to improve readability & SERP.
- Content Title is the main area where search engine put their maximum focus while ranking. Try to write 2 title if possible, one for your users and other for search engine to attract both efficiently.
- Keep the article slug simple, short and to the point by putting the main keyword in it.
- Keyword density is a crucial factor. Although many SEO experts say that keyword density should be 2.5%, but it is better to keep it within 1- 1.5% to look the keyword placements natural.
- Write engaging content to start a discussion so that your article can get more attention and social share.
- While writing try to put main keyword or relater terms in bold, italic or underline to give some good signal to search engines.
- Page speed is one of the major factors to determine the search engine ranking in 2016.
- Add video, info-graphic and other rich media to make your article more worthy for readers.
- Meta description is the old hero which is still adding value to calculating search engine ranking factors.
- Use meta title to play with your user and search engine efficiently by writing some real catchy & optimized title for you blog post.
- Add social media sharing buttons around your post to give your readers easy chance to share your content.
- Provide related articles and useful links within article to improve user engagement & reduce bounce rate.
- Long tail keywords are most search queries and good to bring some highly targeted traffic. Try to incorporate all related long tail queries of your main keyword.
- Make the article look good by providing various formatting options, paragraphs to improve the readability.
- Provide site-wide internal links to your major articles to boos their SERP.
- Whenever replying your blog comments, make sure you don’t miss any opportunity to put keywords related to the article in a natural way, please don’t spam.
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly, otherwise you will miss the bus.
- Make your content 100% grammatical error free to give users a good reading experience.
Do you think these on-page SEO factors are enough to rank first in Google? There are many other factors which come into picture while calculating search engine ranking position. But these are few key SEO checklist one should follow to write optimized content and improve the chance of ranking better in long term.
Share your experience & views while writing SEO optimized content for your blog or while guest posting to make this article more beneficial for readers.