Are you planning to start a blog for making money from web hosting affiliate program? Then I am sure Bluehost will be in your list. Bluehost affiliate program is one of the most preferred and highest paying hosting affiliate program.
Almost every blogger is trying to promote Bluehost affiliate program and make money online. In this article I will share about my short experience with Bluehost affiliate program and also try to share my honest Bluehost review so that one can find it useful. I hope you will find this Bluehost Affiliate Review useful and try to plan accordingly.
Why Bluehost Affiliate Program is so popular?
Bluehost is one of the most popular web hosting company in world and they are making sure their brand is popular among every one. They spend huge money for promotion and affiliates. As a affiliate marketer, it is always good to stick with an affiliate program who pays well on time without any issue, and in that point Bluehost Affiliate program has no comparison.
There are many web hosting affiliate programs who also pay even higher commission, but the way Bluehost is connecting with the bloggers and every WordPress beginner is simply amazing. Over the period of time, you might have seen a trend where every blogger shared a content explaining How To Start A blog From Scratch, and in that article almost everyone mention about Bluehost hosting plans only. In fact I have also done the same thing, but the conversion is not satisfactory yet and that is due to the high competition of this niche & product.
How Much Commission One Can Earn From Bluehost Affiliate Program
By default, the starting commission is $65 per sale. But if you can make more sales, they will increase your commission rate to higher. Right now I am getting at a rate of $75 / sale, but that is not due to increase in number of sales. But I have mentioned about their web hosting in 2-3 websites and that’s why they have increased my commission or bounty rate.
My highest ever Bluehost Single Sale Commission is $120. Here is the snapshot below. I think this is the highest commission provided by any web hosting affiliate program. They did that during a promotional sale and during that I got 2 sales.
I have prepared a single page to collect & update all upcoming Bluehost promotional sale and Bluehost coupon code details at one page. You can read the Bluehost discount page here. At the recent Bluehost end of summer sale, I am able to make $120 for a single sign up and the screen shot is taken from my Bluehost Affiliate Dashboard itself.
Why Promoting Bluehost As Your Main Hosting Affiliate may Not Be a Good Idea?
Well, don’t take my words negatively even if it look like. Actually almost everyone is running after promoting Bluehost with the old methodologies. The competition is very high these days and if you have some solid knowledge on SEO and link building then you can definitely try this. I am not saying that, you should not try, but the thing is you have to understand that this is one of the top most affiliate product with which people like Harsh Agarwal, Pat Flynn, PinchofYum and many pro-bloggers making millions even today.
You have to believe on your hard work and also keep faith on your luck that someone will click from your links and buy a Bluehost shared hosting plan. In my case, I have migrated my website to Bluehost and now exploring Bluehost by sharing various useful tutorials and hosting knowledge. I have also shared some tricks which actually worked for me to earn commission from Bluehost affiliate program.
There are many other good and popular web hosting companies who are also providing high commission structure. In fact many top bloggers are moving to such hosting companies and started recommending them. E.g. recently launched Studiopress Sites could be a good affiliate option if they are able to make their product more popular in coming days.
Things to note about Bluehost Affiliate Program, Before joining
- The default Bluehost Affiliate payout amount is USD$100 within twelve months of the first Qualified Purchase
- The affiliate referral fees are determined approximately 45 days after the end of the month in which the Qualified Purchase is recorded.
- You are required to supply a PayPal address to receive payments.
- You have to fill up the Bluehost Affiliate Tax Form after joining.
- If you would prefer to receive payments by check, you must notify Bluehost and payments will be sent to the address you provide. Please note that payments by check take up to an additional thirty (30) days to arrive.
- For larger affiliates with balances of over $10,000 per month, Bluehost offers a wire transfer option.
- In the event that Bluehost re-issues any payment, a USD$35 charge will apply and be deducted from the Affiliate’s earnings.
How To Join Bluehost Affiliate Program and create your first affiliate link
The best part of Bluehost affiliate is their commission structure. When the tops web hosting provider like Hostgator will pay you $50 per sale, Bluehost will share a commission of $65. Not only that, if you can write an exclusive guide about how to install WordPress on Bluehost hosting plan, you will get a chance to get a commission of $75/sale. I have written a similar article to eligible for that commission. Follow the step by Step guide to Sign up with your Bluehost account.
Step 1: First of all you have to click on the Bluehost Affiliate Sign Up link https://www.bluehost.com/hosting/partner
Step 2: Next click on the Sign up button.
Step 3: Next you will be directed to Affiliate Signup Form. It will be look like below. Just fill up the basic information like your username, password, email address, and PayPal Account information. Make sure you are choosing the username carefully, as your user name will be there in the referral link. Then submit the form.
Step 4: After submitting the form you will get details in your mail. You can directly login to your Bluehost Affiliate dashboard and start exploring various options.
Things to do After Joining Bluehost Affiliate Program
So, you are done with your Bluehost affiliate program and now you have to do these necessary things to make your Bluehost Account working for you.
Checklist 1: First of choose your payment method. Bluehost provide Paypal as only payment option. This is the best way to accept international payment if you are in India. If you don’t have a paypal account then please open a Paypal account. You can open a Paypal account with the use of your Credit card or debit card also easily.
Checklist 2: Next, fill up the tax declaration form. You will find 2 types of forms available, fill the form accordingly and submit for review.
- W-9 Form: For US Citizen or Business (Resident Alien, Corporation, etc.)
- W-8BEN Form: For non-U.S. Persons
Checklist 3: Find out the Bluehost referral link that you need to use in your content. You can also opt for banners and other links from Links section. If you need some specific banners, then you can easily contact Bluehost Affiliate team and they will help you.
Checklist 4: Make sure you read the complete terms & conditions of Bluehost affiliate program, specially if you are planning to promote through Bluehost coupon. Bluehost never share any coupon code, so make sure you don’t use the term in the url. This may ban your Bluehost account.
Checklist 5: Bluehost has updated their money back guaranty policy, so update your old content or write accordingly.
Tips to Make Money with Bluehost Affiliate Program
Now the point is how to promote Bluehost so that one can purchase using your affiliate link and you can earn commission. Here are few tips to promote Bluehost and make money online.
- The best way to promote Bluehost is writing an exclusive Bluehost review article.
- Other than that you can also create a post or page to share all Bluehost coupon codes or Bluehost discount at one page. E.g. right now Bluehost memorial days sale 2016 is going on where Bluehost is offering a web hosting plan @ $2.95/month only. This is the best time to make maximum money as a Bluehost affiliate.
- Create some PPC ads using Google adwords or Facebook ads to promote any special Bluehost sale.
- Create a micro niche website on Bluehost coupon code and attract targeted traffic. Remember that using Bluehost in your domain name might lead to affiliate cancellation, as per Bluehost affiliate terms & conditions.
- On special occasions in year like Black Friday or Cyber Monday when all hosting companies share some coolest deals of the year, you can also write exclusive articles on Bluehost Black Friday Sale and grab people’s attention and earn more commission.
- Write useful Bluehost hosting tutorials regularly to spread awareness, which will also convert sales in future.
Winding up the Bluehost Affiliate Program Review
Top bloggers like Pat Flynn is making some 6 figure income from Bluehost affiliate itself. This is also telling that how much they have optimized their Bluehost promotional content or strategy and how much difficult it is to beat this competition. But nothing to worry, as a better plan always beat the existing results. You just have to try always and put your honest effort continuously.
So, far in last 1 year, I was able to make around 10 sales from Bluehost, which is quite good as per my efforts and time I put for that. In coming days, I will be writing on various tutorials around Bluehost shared hosting and also update my experiences so that people can find honest Bluehost reviews online.
So, how much money you have made so far using Bluehost affiliate program? I am not able to make enough money though, but I have some plan to promote Bluehost in coming days. You can also share about your experience with Bluehost or any kind of affiliate issues or Bluehost payout issues here by writing a simple comment below. If you have a better Bluehost affiliate alternate, don’t forget to mention the same here.